In the Users & Contacts sections of an Organization's details page, you'll see two columns, "Key Contact" and "Primary Contact":
Users & Contacts View - Partner
Users & Contacts View - Distributor
Here's what they mean:
- Primary Contact - (There can only be one Primary Contact per Organization.) The Primary Contact is the person responsible for the Organization within your partner portal, and they generally have elevated permissions to manage Users at their Organization and/or edit the Organization profile information (these permissions can be enabled by going to Settings > Portal Configuration > General Portal Settings). You can also give them the ability to view signed Agreements by going to Settings > Partner Agreements > Partner Agreement Settings.
- Key Contacts - (There can be any number of Key Contacts at an Organization.) Key Contacts are a way to highlight the important people at an Organization by having them appear in the Overview section of the Organization's details page. Key Contacts don't have an elevated level of permissions, but you can give them the ability to view signed Agreements by going to Settings > Partner Agreements > Partner Agreement Settings.
- Key Contacts at a Distributor Organization are notified about Deals assigned to their Organization (Distributor module subscription required). You can configure the Distributor Deal Email Notifications by going to Settings > Deal Email Notifications.
How to specify the Primary Contact:
There can only be one Primary Contact per Organization, and you can set the Primary Contact by editing the Organization profile and/or User profile.
- Go to Partner Management (or Distributor Management) and click on the name of the Organization to view its details > Edit.
- From the Edit page, select the appropriate Primary Contact from the dropdown menu.
- Go to Partner Management (or Distributor Management) and click on the name of the Organization to view its details > click Users & Contacts in the left side panel of the Organization's details page.
- Note: As an Admin User, you can also view and edit User profiles by going to Admin > Users.
- Click the "Edit" button next to the name of the User that you want to set as the Primary Contact and select the "Primary Contact" checkbox > Save.
How to set the Key Contact flag on a User or Contact:
There can be any number of Key Contacts at an Organization, and they can be Contact and User entities in Channeltivity. To flag a Contact or User, use the instructions listed below:
- Go to Admin > Users > click the name of the User to view their profile > Edit > select the "Key Contact" checkbox > Save.
Contacts (Partners & Distributors):
- Go to Partner or Distributor Management > Users & Contacts > click the Contact's name to view their profile > Edit > select the "Key Contact" checkbox > Save.