In the Users & Contacts sections of an Organization's details page, you'll see two columns, "Key Contact" and "Primary Contact":
Users & Contacts View - Partner
Users & Contacts View - Distributor
Here's what they mean:
- The Primary Contact is the person responsible for the Organization within your partner portal and they generally have elevated permissions to request/disable other Users at the Organization and/or edit the Organization profile information (these permissions can be enabled by going to Settings > Portal Configuration > General Portal Settings). There can only be one Primary Contact per Organization.
- Key Contacts do not have any additional privileges but are a way to highlight the important people at the Organization and have them appear in the Overview section of the Organization's details page. There can be any number of Key Contacts at an Organization.
- Key Contacts at a Distributor Organization are notified about Deals assigned to their Organization (Distributor module subscription required). You can configure the Distributor Deal Email Notifications by going to Settings > Deal Email Notifications.
How to specify the Primary Contact:
There can only be one Primary Contact per Organization, and you can set the Primary Contact by editing the Organization profile and/or User profile.
- Go to Partner Management (or Distributor Management) and click on the name of the Organization to view its details > Edit.
- From the Edit page, select the appropriate Primary Contact from the dropdown menu.
- Go to Partner Management (or Distributor Management) and click on the name of the Organization to view its details > click Users & Contacts in the left side panel of the Organization's details page. You can also go to Admin > Users to view a complete list of Users.
- Click on the name of the User to edit their profile > Edit > select the "Primary Contact" checkbox.
How to set the Key Contact flag on a User or Contact:
There can be any number of Key Contacts at an Organization. Key Contacts can be Contact and User entities in Channeltivity. To flag a Contact or User, use the instructions listed below:
- Go to Admin > Users > click the name of the User to view their profile > Edit > select the "Key Contact" checkbox > Save.
Contacts (Partners & Distributors):
- Go to Partner or Distributor Management > Users & Contacts > click the Contact's name to view their profile > Edit > select the "Key Contact" checkbox > Save.