Users are those who have access to Channeltivity and belong to a Group. User details include name, title, email, phone and other contact data. There are two types of Channeltivity Users: Internal and Partner
- Internal Users – these Users have a unique internal view within Channeltivity. Internal Users can have administrative permissions and are responsible for updating the portal, giving Partners access, managing Partners, and managing Opportunities.
- Partner Users – these Users consume the content placed in the portal. They register and manage Opportunities/Deals along with the other functions provisioned by their Group permissions.
- Active: This User has an active account and can log in.
- Pending: This User has been sent a link to activate an account, but hasn't activated it yet, and has not logged in.
- Inactive: This User is assigned to a non-active Organization. This usually happens when an Active Partner Organization gets deactivated.
- Disabled: This User has been disabled by an administrator (or the Primary Contact at a Partner) and cannot log in or receive Leads etc.
***Do not add Partner Users to the system until you are ready to launch.***
Admins are the only Users that can add/approve Users. Admins can add Users by :
- Clicking Admin
- Selecting Users
- Click New
- Select the appropriate type of User
- Enter the User's email address and assign them to the appropriate Group and Organization.
- The User will then receive an email with instructions on how to activate their User Account.
Admins can approve User Requests that come in through the Request Access form and Request Additional Users functionality. The Request Additional Users functionality gives existing Users the ability to request other Users be added to the portal. Existing Users can request a User be added to the portal by clicking on their User profile link in the top right corner and selecting Request Additional Users. (This feature may not be enabled for all Users. Review your Partner Module Settings for more information: Settings > Partners > Partner Module Settings).
Contact is a person that is associated with a Partner Organization, but does not have access to the portal. Contacts associated with Active Partner Organizations can be promoted to Users.
***If using the Salesforce Partner Sync Integration, the Salesforce Contacts associated with the Partner Accounts in Salesforce (that you decide to sync with Channeltivity) will be imported into Channeltivity as Contacts during the setup and configuration of the Partner Sync Integration. You can then promote those Contacts to Users. Learn more about this topic in the "Frequently Asked Questions" section in this article: Salesforce Integration: Partner Sync - Overview.***
Promote a Contact to a User:
- Click Partners
- Select User & Contacts
- Select the Contact(s) you want to promote to a User
- Click Promote Contacts to Users
- Assign the promoted Contact(s) to a Group(s) and click Promote. Each promoted Contact will receive an email invitation with a unique link to activate their User Account.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: When should I add start adding Users to the system?
A: Adding Users to the system sends the User an account activation email right away, so we recommend the following:
- Internal Users - Anytime
- Partner Users - When you've completed the setup/configuration of your portal and it's ready for Partners to use
Q: If I'm using the Salesforce Partner Sync Integration, do I need to add my Partner Users manually?
A: No, the Partner Sync Integration will import all of the Salesforce Contacts associated with the Salesforce Partner Accounts (that you decide to sync with Channeltivity) into Channeltivity. Once the Contacts are in Channeltivity, you can promote them to Users and give them access to the portal.
Q: Can Non-admin Users promote Contacts to Users?
A: No. Admin Users are the only Users that can create new Users, promote Contacts to Users and approve User Requests.