Onboarding Partners is a key element of using Channeltivity and the Partner Management module makes it easy to recruit, profile, vet, and onboard new Partners. This article explains how to review and approve Prospective Partner applications, delegate contracts, and provide Users with the appropriate access to your partner portal.
What is a Prospective Partner?
A Prospective Partner in Channeltivity is a Partner Organization that has not been accepted into your partner program. Prospective Partners can apply to become a part of your program by filling out your Become a Partner form or you can enter a Prospective Partner enter into Channeltivity by going to Partners > New Prospective Partner. If using the Salesforce Partner Sync Integration, you can import Prospective Partners and their Contacts into Channeltivity from Salesforce.
Prospective Partners must be assigned to an Internal User to vet and approve or they will appear in the System Messages as "Unassigned Prospective Partners." This includes Partners that were created through the Become a Partner form. Click the link in the System Messages to view a list of Unassigned Prospective Partners.
Click on a Partner's name to view more details about the Partner.
Unassigned Partners List
How do I vet and approve Prospective Partners?
To make edits and/or manage the approval process, click the Edit button in the top right corner of the page.
Partner Details Page
Be sure to update the Partner Type field with the appropriate Partner Type. The Partner Type field is used to categorize your different types of Partners for reporting purposes. It can also be used with the Agreements functionality (if enabled). ***Partner Types are for reporting purposes ONLY. Partner Types DO NOT segment content or grant/restrict access.***
Partner Details - Edit
Scroll down to the Prospective Partner Details section to manage the Prospective Partner approval process.
- Stage - Indicates where you are in the vetting and approval process of the Partner. Learn more about this topic here: Prospective Partner Stages
- Expected Close Date - Date you expect to finalize/close negotiations
- Assigned to - Internal User that's in charge of vetting and approving the Prospective Partner. If the Partner is left unassigned, they will appear in the System Messages as an "Unassigned Prospective Partner." This is not the same as assigning an Internal User to a Partner as Manager. Managers can only be assigned to Active Partners.
- Expected Yearly Revenue - Projected yearly income generated from sales
- Description - Any additional details or notes
When you are ready to make them an Active Partner Organization in Channeltivity, update the Stage to "Closed Won (make Partner active)."
Prospect Partner Details
You can also make the Partner Active (or Inactive) from the Partner Details screen. Click the Actions button in the top right corner > Make Active (or Make Inactive).
Partner Details Screen
How do I promote a Contact to a User?
Once you activate the Partner, the system will then prompt you to promote the Contacts associated with the Partner to Users.
Promote Contacts Notification
Once you promote them to Users and assign them to the appropriate Groups, the system will send them an invitation to activate their accounts.
Promote Contacts - Group Assignment Window
How do Partners sign Agreements?
With the above steps completed the new Partner User will receive an email with their account activation link. They'll activate their account by completing their User profile and creating a password. If the Partner Agreements functionality is enabled, and the User is authorized to sign Partner Agreements for their Organization, the system will then prompt them to digitally sign the Agreements assigned to their Organization. Learn more about the Agreements functionality here.
- Partner Types
- What is the Partner Agreements functionality and how does it work?
- Prospective Partner Stages
- What to Include on Your Corporate Website's Partners Page