Channeltivity’s integrations with Salesforce requires the use of the Salesforce API, which is available standard as part of Salesforce Enterprise Edition and can be activated at additional cost for Salesforce Professional Edition. To begin integrating your Channeltivity partner portal with Salesforce, you'll need to follow the steps listed below. For assistance or questions about setting up the integration, please submit a ticket or contact us at email@example.com.
Step 1: Credentials Setup
You'll need to enter the Salesforce security credentials of a valid Salesforce user into Channeltivity. The user must meet the following requirements:
- Does not have Login Hours restrictions
- Has Login IP Ranges that allows connections from anywhere
- Has the following switches activated:
- API Enabled
- Modify All Data
- Customize Application
- Manage Profiles and Permission Sets
For step-by-step instructions on adding a user's security credentials to Channeltivity, check out the below support article:
Step 2: Configuring the Integrations
Channeltivity has several plug-and-play integrations with Salesforce.com’s CRM. You can activate each integration individually or use them all for a seamless exchange of data between your CRM and partner portal.
- Lead Distribution: Channeltivity’s Lead Distribution integration with Salesforce allows you to easily create Leads in Channeltivity by importing Leads and Opportunities from Salesforce. Leads created this way can be distributed to your Partners and are kept in sync with the originating Salesforce record so you can see the Lead’s Channeltivity status within Salesforce.
- Deal Registration: Once a Partner submits a new Deal registration, Channeltivity creates a copy of the registered Deal as a Lead within Salesforce. This can be configured to happen automatically or on a manual basis. Changes made to the record in Channeltivity are reflected in Salesforce and vice versa.
- Partner Sync: Channeltivity’s Salesforce Partner Sync integration allows the two-way synchronization of Partner records and Contacts between your PRM and CRM systems. With Partner Sync activated, creating a new Partner Organization (or User) in Channeltivity will create a linked partner account (or contact) record in Salesforce and vice versa, and keep those records synchronized.
Step 3: Installing the Salesforce Package (NOT available for Salesforce Professional)
Channeltivity has a managed package that allows you to seamlessly access and manipulate Channeltivity data without leaving Salesforce. The package is easy to install and configure using on-screen instructions and a wizard interface. Depending on which of Channeltivity’s Salesforce integrations you use, the package adds an Iframe to Salesforce’s Lead, Opportunity, Account and Contact layouts that provide a window into any linked Channeltivity record.
For more information and setup instructions for the Managed Package, check out the below support article:
Step 4: Configure SSO (Optional)
Channeltivity offers two Single Sign-On (SSO) methods to allow your Salesforce users to automatically sign into Channeltivity.
|Channeltivity SSO for Salesforce||SAML SSO using Salesforce Connected App|
We recommend selecting Channeltivity SSO for Salesforce, as it can be configured in seconds and provides a high level of security. SAML SSO requires a custom Salesforce domain and is designed for more advanced requirements.
With SSO disabled, if you view a Salesforce record that's linked to a record in Channeltivity and you are not logged into Channeltivity at that time, you will not be able to view the content in the Managed Package until you log in to Channeltivity.