This article gives step-by-step setup instructions of Channeltivity’s Deal Registration integration with Salesforce. An overview of Channeltivity’s Deal Registration Salesforce Integration can be found in this article.
- Log into Channeltivity as an Administrator and go to Settings > Salesforce Integration
- If you haven't done so already, make sure to enter your Salesforce Integration Credentials.
- If your credentials are valid, the Deal Registration configuration section becomes available. Click on it:
- Set the Deal Registration to "Export Only":
Select whether you want Channeltivity to automatically create a Lead in Salesforce whenever a Deal is registered or whether you want the manual control over which Deals get pushed into Salesforce. If you have different Lead record types defined in Salesfroce, you can also specify which one to use:
Map the fields from the Channeltivity Deal Registration box on the left to the Salesforce Lead box in the middle. These field mappings determine which Deal Registration fields get exported and where their data are stored in Salesforce. The configuration page will automatically display all fields in your Salesforce instance. Mappings are created by first clicking on the source field on the left and then clicking the destination on the right. Use the "1st Sync Only" checkbox for Salesforce fields that you don't want Partners to edit once the Salesforce Lead has been created, as it prevents changes in Channeltivity from overwriting existing data in Salesforce.
You can also select fields from Salesforce to be synced back to the Deal in Channeltivity. This is helpful if you want your Partners to see the Opportunity stage from Salesforce within Channeltivity, for example. There are a few restrictions:
Any Salesforce data that is synced back to the Deal in Channeltivity is read only and resides in special read-only custom fields. This means that the sync is not truly bi-directional.
The sync of Salesforce data to Deals in Channeltivity is not instantaneous. You will need to hit the “Sync Now” button or wait for the next hourly sync to complete.
If you wish to map Deal Registration fields to Salesforce Opportunities as well, you can switch to the Opportunity tab in the center box and complete those mappings there. We don't recommend mapping to the Opportunity Amount, Close Date or Stage fields, as this a) will cause any changes made in Salesforce to be overwritten and b) will allow your Partners to directly affect the fields you use for forecasting and reporting in Salesforce.
- Check the "Hide unmapped field" box to only show your mappings. Here's a recommended starting point consisting of only basic Lead fields. No Opportunity fields are mapped. Especially if you use our managed Salesforce package, you most likely only need a handful of fields.
- Tip: You can create new destination fields in Salesforce from Channeltivity, by mapping Channeltivity fields (column on the left) to "New Field" at the bottom of the Salesforce box (column on the right.
Once all your mappings are complete, press the "Save" button at the very bottom of the page to finish the setup process. Depending on the details of your Salesforce configuration, the saving process can take up to 30 minutes. When the setup process is complete, you will be redirected to the Salesforce Integration Settings page.
You're all set! Go ahead and submit a Deal Registration to test out the integration between your Channeltivity PRM and Salesforce CRM.