This article provides an overview of Channeltivity's Lead Distribution integration with Salesforce. Please also see the Lead Distribution Salesforce Integration Setup instructions and What is the Lead Distribution Module and How Does it Work?.
Channeltivity's Lead Distribution integration with Salesforce allows you to easily create Leads in Channeltivity by importing Leads and Opportunities from Salesforce. Leads created this way can be distributed to your Partners and are kept in sync with the originating Salesforce record so you can see the Lead's Channeltivity status within Salesforce.
Following the illustration below, the Lead Distribution integration can be explained in three steps:
- Salesforce Leads and Opportunities are either a) marked for export and then pulled into Channeltivity or b) manually imported using Channeltivity's managed Salesforce package.
- Any changes made on either side will sync to the other side based on the field mappings and configuration you define.
- Should you decide to convert a Salesforce Lead to an Opportunity, Channeltivity will recognize this and maintain the link to the corresponding record. This is also the case if a Partner converts a Lead to a Deal Registration within Channeltivity.
Method 1: Import Leads individually using Channeltivty's Managed Salesforce Package.
If you have the Channeltivity's managed Salesforce package installed, follow these steps to import Leads from Salesforce:
- Open the Lead (or Opportunity) in Salesforce
- Scroll to the "Channeltivity PRM for Salesforce" section, select a Partner, and hit the button to "Export to Channeltivity Lead" button.
Method 2: Import Leads in bulk
- Leads and Opportunities in Salesforce are marked for export to Channeltivity using a custom checkbox called "Sync with Channeltivity" checkbox.
- Channeltivity automatically imports the flagged records into Channeltivity as Leads. You can then assign the records to the appropriate Partner in Channeltity by going to the Lead Distribution module and clicking the checkbox next to the records > Actions > Change Assigned Lead Owner.