The Library provides Partners with self-service access to marketing resources, sales tools, technical documentation, and more. This article explains how to create folders, upload content, and assign permissions to content.
When creating your folder structure, we recommend reviewing the Partner content that you have and grouping the content by type, product, solution, or category. For more tips and best practices, check out: What's the Best Way to Structure my Partner Library?.
To add a Folder:
- Go to the Library and click the "New Folder" button.
- Name your Folder.
- Add a description.
- Upload an image for the Folder's thumbnail and click Save.
- Thumbnail image should be saved as GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG or JFIF and be at least 180px in both dimensions.
Library Folders Page
New Folder Window
With your folders created, you can now add a subfolder (a folder within a folder) or start adding content.
You control access to Library content with Group permissions. When uploading a piece of content, you select the Group(s) that should have access to the content, and only Users in the selected Groups will see the content in the Library.
To add content:
- Click "New" under the appropriate folder.
- Select the content type you would like to add:
- New Folder (subfolder)
- New File
- New Link
- New Video
3. Upload your file.
4. Give the file the title you want Partners to see within the portal.
5. Select or upload an image for the file's thumbnail preview. The thumbnail will appear in the small and large tile views.
6. Add a description and any keywords you would like associated with the file. The title, description, and keywords will drive the search results for your content.
7. Assign the appropriate Groups and/or Organization to the file. Learn more about assigning Group permissions here.
New File Window- Details Section
New File Window- Permissions & Visibility
New Video Edit Screen
How Do I Assign Permissions to Folders?
Permissions are assigned to content, not folders. The way the Library works is that Users (assigned to Groups with Library access) only see the folders in the Library that have content assigned to the Groups they are assigned to. For example, if a folder contains content that is only assigned to one Group, then only the Users in that Group will see the Folder in the Library. Other Users from other Groups will not see the Folder in the Library because it does not contain content that is assigned to their Group.
How Does the Organization Assignment Functionality Work?
It allows you to assign content to an Organization, and only the Users at that Organization will have access to that piece of content.
- Setting Group Permissions for Library Content
- Library & Content
- What's the Best Way to Structure my Partner Library?