Channeltivity gives you the ability to segment content in various areas of the portal, such as the Home Page, Library, Training & Certification, News, and Co-Branded Collateral modules. This article explains the different permission options for segmenting Library content. For more information on content segmentation in other areas of the portal, check out: How do I set Partner Portal Content Access & Permissions?.
You can control access to Library content using the below permission options when uploading content to the Library:
- Everyone: All Users assigned to Groups with "Library Access" will have access to the file.
- Selected Groups: Only Users in the selected Groups will have access to the file. (Gives you the ability to select the Groups that you want to have access to the file.)
- No One (hide this File from regular Users): The file will only be visible to Admin Users and Internal Users with "Document Administration" access to the Library.
Based on your selections, the system will display the total number of Users that have access to the Library as well as the total number of Users that will have access to that content.
Note: For more information on Permissions and Visibility, check out: How do I set Partner Portal Content Access & Permissions?.
Assigning Content to an Organization:
You also have the ability to assign content to an individual Organization, and only the Users at that Organization will see that piece of content in the Library. instructions are listed below:
- Select the "No one (hide this File from regular Users)" option
- Use the "Organization" dropdown menu to assign the piece of content to an individual Organization.
File Upload Edit Screen- Organization
Tips & Best Practices:
- It's important to remember that permissions are assigned on the file/document level and not the folder level. This means that Users only see folders in the Library that contain content assigned to the Group(s) and/or Organization they belong to.
- The Library Report contains a list of all the files in the Library, and you can access the Report by going to Library > Reports > Library Report. You can use the Report/View to update Library content in bulk by selecting the checkboxes next to the items you want to update > Actions:
- Replace Group Permissions - allows you to replace/change the current Group permission(s) of the selected records.
- Add Group Access - allows you to add an additional Group permission to the selected records.
- Remove Group Access - allows you to remove a Group permission from the selected records.
- Change Owner- allows you to change the Owner of the selected records.
- Move - allows you to move the selected records.
- Delete - allows you to delete the selected records.
Library Report - List View