The Lead Distribution module allows you to send sales prospects to your Partners. Leads can be assigned to individual Users at a Partner Organization, or assigned to a Partner Organization directly.
There are a number of reasons why a User might not be showing up in the Lead assignment dropdown, including:
- The User is not assigned to a Group with access to the Lead Distribution module. You can resolve this issue by updating your Partner Groups to include one of the following permissions:
- View All Leads - The ability to receive Leads and view Leads assigned to other Users at their Organization
- Receive Leads- The ability to receive Leads and view only the Leads assigned to them (individually)
- The User is one of the following:
- Pending User - Leads can only be assigned to active Users unless you enable this setting to assign Leads to Pending Users.
- Contact - Contacts are not Users in the system so they cannot log in or receive Leads. An Admin will have to promote the Contact to a User and assign them to a Group that includes one of the Lead Distribution permission listed above.
- Disabled User - Disabled Users do not have access to the portal so they cannot log in or receive Leads.
If a Partner Organization isn't showing up in the Lead assignment dropdown, make sure:
- You have the "Allow assigning Leads to Partner Organizations directly (instead of Partner Users only)" box checked under Settings > Lead Distribution > Lead Distribution Module Settings:
- The Partner is listed as an Active Partner Organization in Channeltivity.
- The Partner Organization includes at least one User that's assigned to a Group that includes the "View All Leads" permission.