This article provides an overview of Channeltivity’s Lead Distribution integration with Salesforce. Please also see the Lead Distribution Salesforce Integration Setup instructions and What is the Lead Distribution Module and How Does it Work?.
Channeltivity’s Lead Distribution integration with Salesforce allows you to easily create Leads in Channeltivity by importing Leads and Opportunities from Salesforce. Leads created this way can be distributed to your Partners and are kept in sync with the originating Salesforce record so you can see the Lead’s Channeltivity status within Salesforce.
Following the illustration below, the Lead Distribution integration can be explained in three steps:
- Salesforce Leads and Opportunities are either a) marked for export and then pulled into Channeltivity or b) manually imported using Channeltivity's managed Salesforce package.
- Channeltivity then updates a special set of Channeltivity-specific fields within the Salesforce Lead record with data from the corresponding Lead within Channeltivity. Whenever any of the Lead’s data in Channeltivity is changed, the Channeltivity-specific fields of the corresponding Lead record within Salesforce is updated as well.
- Should you decide to convert a Salesforce Lead to an Opportunity, Channeltivity will recognize this and maintain the link to the corresponding record. This also is the case if a Partner converts a Lead to a Deal Registration within Channeltivity.
Once the integration is set up, there are two ways to import Leads from Salesforce into Channeltivity:
Method 1: Import Leads individually using Channeltivity's managed Salesforce package
If you have the Channeltivity's managed Salesforce package installed, follow these steps to import Leads from Salesforce:
- Open the Lead (or Opportunity) in Salesforce
- Scroll to the "Channeltivity PRM for Salesforce" section, select a Partner, and hit the button to "Export to Channeltivity Lead" button.
Method 2: Import Leads in bulk
Following the illustration below, the Lead Distribution integration can be explained in four steps:
- Leads within Salesforce are marked for export to Channeltivity.
- The Lead import is launched from within Channeltivity and connects to Salesforce to copy the selected Leads into your channel partner portal.