A Partner Manager is an Internal User that's assigned to an Active Partner Organization as Manager. Partner Managers have access to the Partner's profile data, Contacts, Agreements, Email Domains, and History. There's also a special set of Partner Manager Group permissions and email notifications for Leads, Deals, MDF, and Business Plans that allow Users to only view, manage and receive notifications related to the Partners they are assigned to as Manager.
What is a Primary Partner Manager?
Partner Organizations can have more than one Manager assigned to them, but only one of the Managers can be marked as the Primary Partner Manager. Marking one Manager as the Primary Partner Manager gives you the ability to notify them about events that other Partner Managers aren't notified about for Deals, Leads, MDF, Business Planning, and Training & Certification.
When assigning Managers to Partners in bulk using the instructions listed above, you can select the "Make Primary Manager" checkbox to set the User as the Primary Partner Manager.
Primary Partner Manager Assignment (bulk)
Can a User be assigned to more than one Partner Organization as Manager?
Yes, Users can be assigned to more than one Partner Organization as Manager, but only one can be flagged as the Primary Manager.
How do I assign a User to a Partner Organization?
You can assign Users to Active Partner Organizations by going to the Partner Management module in the left navigation menu > Partners. You'll then select the checkboxes next to the Partners you want to assign a Manager to > Actions > Add Manager.
The Actions menu also includes the ability to:
- Replace Partner Managers - allows you to change/replace the Managers that are currently assigned to the selected records.
- Remove Manager - allows you to remove Managers from the selected records.
Add/Remove Partner Managers - Bulk
You can also view, update, and manage Partner Manager assignments using any of the methods listed below:
- Go to the Partner's Details page, select the "Managers" tab on the left and click the "Add Manager" button to add a Manager or select the checkbox next to an existing Manager > Remove to remove an existing Manager. You can also select the "Make Primary" button to make an existing Manager the Primary Partner Manager.
Partner Details Page - Managers
- You can use the "Partner Managers" field to assign and remove Managers when creating a new or updating an existing Active Partner Organization. You can also flag one of the Users as the Primary Partner Manager by selecting the checkbox next to the User's name.
Partner Details - Edit Screen
How can I view the Managers assigned to all Partner Organizations?
You can view all of the Users assigned to Partners as Managers by going to Partner Management in the left navigation menu > Managers. From this page, you can do the following:
Select the checkboxes next to the Users that you want to make the Primary Partner Managers of Organizations and remove/add Managers to and from Organizations by clicking the Actions button:
- Make Primary - gives you the ability to mark the selected User as the Primary Partner Manager of the Organization(s) they are assigned to in the Partner Name column on the right.
- Remove Manager Assignment - gives you the ability to remove the selected User(s) from the Organization(s) they are assigned to in the Partner Name column on the right.
- Add Selected Manager to Partners - gives you the ability to add the selected User(s) to another Partner Organization as Manager.
- Remove Selected Managers from Partner - gives you the ability to remove the selected User(s) from any Partner Organization they are assigned to as Manager.
Can Managers be assigned to Prospective Partner Organizations?
No. Partner Managers can only be assigned to Active Partner Organizations. If you try to assign an Internal User to a Prospective Partner, you will receive the below error message.
How do I control who appears in the Partner Managers Widget?
The Partner Managers Widget displays a contact list of all the Partner Managers assigned to Partner Organizations. Learn how to manage/configure the Widget here.