The Request Access form allows an individual to Request Access to your portal. Once the request is submitted, Admins receive a notification in the portal System Messages and an email is sent to the portal's Portal Support Email address. To add/update email notifications for new User Requests, go to Settings > Email > User Account Admin Notifications. Clicking the link in the System Messages (or email) will take you to the User Requests page that contains the following information:
- Three Action Buttons: Gives you the ability to Approve, Deny and Delete requests
- Status - Indicates the state of the request
- Duplicate - There are more multiple requests for the same User
- Matched to Prospective Partner - The individual cannot be approved, because the Organization they belong to is not Active.
- Ok - Request is ok to approve
- User already exists - Individual is already a User in the system
- No Organization - Channeltivity associates Users to Organizations based on their Email Domains. If an Individual submits the Request Access form and their email domain is not associated with an Organization or is on the Ignored Email Domains list, then Channeltivity won't associate the User with an Organization.
- Name - Name of Individual requesting access
- Email - Email address of the Individual requesting access
- Organization - The Organization the User belongs to
- Request Source - Indicates where the request came from
- Request Date - Date the request was submitted
User Requests Page
How do I approve, deny and delete requests?
- Requests flagged as "Ok" can be approved by clicking the checkbox next to the Request > Approve, then assign the User to the appropriate Group(s).
- You can deny a request by clicking the checkbox next to the Request >Deny. An email is sent from the portal informing the User their request was denied. You can view/customize the email by going to Settings > Email > User Account Email Templates.
- You can delete a request by clicking the checkbox next to the Request > Delete
User Request - Approved
How do I resolve the below issues?
- Duplicates: If an Individual submits multiple requests to become a User, the system will flag each request as a duplicate. Click the Fix button to view the duplicates and select the Keep this Request button next to the request that you want to keep. Once you select the appropriate request, the other requests will be deleted. You can then Approve or Deny the request by selecting the checkbox next to the User and clicking the Approve button.
Resolve Duplicates User Requests Window
- Matched to a Prospective Partner - The individual cannot be approved, because the Organization they belong to is not Active. Once the Organization is made Active, you can approve the request.
User Request Page - Matched to Prospective Partner
- User already exists - Individual is already a User in the system, so there's no need for an approval. You can Deny or Delete the request
User Request - Deleted
- No Organization - Channeltivity associates Users to Organizations based on their email domains. If an Individual submits the Request Access form and their email domain is not associated with an Organization in Channeltivity or is on the Ignored Email Domains list, then Channeltivity cannot associate the User with an Organization. You can resolve this issue by clicking the Fix button and assigning the User to the appropriate Partner Organization or creating a new Active Partner Organization.
User Organization Assignment