Announcing your Portal
Once you’ve set up your portal, it’s time to announce your portal to your Partners. Start by creating a communication plan that includes a formal announcement that you can send to your Partners via email or post on your website. The announcement should identify the following:
- Benefits of your new portal – Tell your Partners why they should use the portal and highlight some of the features that will be available to them.
- Goals and Expectations – Set goals for your partners and establish expectations to make them productive within the portal.
- Onboarding Process - Invite Partners to your portal or let them know the steps and the information needed to join the portal.
After you have announced your portal to your Partners, you’ll need to construct a Partner User Guide. This document will tell Partners how to:
- Navigate the portal
- Manage their profile
- Register Deals
- Access Leads
- Submit MDF Requests
- Create CoBranded Collateral
- Complete Course and Certifications
- Access Content Library (they can find documents such as price sheets, marketing literature and training materials.)
You will also want to tell Partners what they can expect in return for inputting that information.
If you don’t want to create a document, then schedule a web based introduction to the portal to familiarize your Partners with the navigation and resources. You can record this session and put it in your Resource Library for their future reference. You can use these tactics to train your Internal Users as well. Keep in mind System Admins are responsible for providing Internal Users with an overview and training of the system.
Following up with your Partners
It’s important to keep an open line of communication with your Partners. Let them know that you value their feedback and want to know about their experience in using the portal. It’s important to find out what they like about the portal and what could be better or done differently. Understanding the needs of your Partners will, in return help you better manage your PRM. It can also help with recruiting and promoting new prospective Partners.