Channeltivity's Partner Portal has a powerful and flexible permissions architecture that can accommodate almost any use case. This article provides an overview of the available permission options for the Library. For more information about Groups, permissions, and content segmentation, check out the following articles:
- Group Creation
- How do I set Partner Portal Content Access & Permissions?
- Setting Group Permissions for Library Content
The Library module includes two levels of User access:
- Library Access - gives Users access to the Library to search and download files assigned to the Groups they belong to.
- Document Administration - gives Users full access to all Library content and the ability to manage content.
When adding a File to the Library, the system will prompt you to set permissions, and the three radio buttons listed below give you the ability to specify which Users have access to the File:
- Everyone: All Users assigned to Groups with "Library Access" will have access to the File.
- Selected Groups: Only Users in the selected Groups will have access to the File. The Groups that appear under this section are Groups that have the "Library Access" permission enabled.
- No One (hide this File from regular Users): The File will only be visible to Admin Users and Internal Users with "Document Administration" access to the Library.
You can verify a Group's permissions by going to Admin > Groups and selecting a Group to view its details. Here are two examples:
1. This Group WILL have access to the Library and be visible under the Selected Groups option in the Permissions and Visibility section when adding a Document to the Library because they have "Library Access."
2. This Group will NOT be visible under the Selected Groups option in the Permissions and Visibility section when adding a Document to the Library. This is because "Document Administration" allows members of this Group to view and change all Library content by default.
Note: System Admin Users and Users with "Document Administration" access to the Library module have full administrative access to all Library content regardless of explicitly set permissions.