When you first create a Group and give it access to the Resource Library module, none of the existing Documents in the Library will be accessible. This is because the new Group hasn't been assigned permissions to any Files/Documents. While you could edit each Document and select the new Group in the permissions area, there's a much easier way to assign permissions using the Library Report.
Step 1: Go to Library > Reports
Step 2: Go To The Library Report
The Library Report includes a list of all the items in the Library.
Step 3: Select Documents To Change Permissions > Actions
You can select the top checkbox to select all the items on the page. You'll then use the Actions button to do one of the following:
- Replace Group Permissions - allows you to REPLACE the current Groups assigned to the selected records with a new set of Groups.
- Add Group Access - allows you to ADD additional Groups to the selected records.
Step 4: Set Permissions & Visibility
If REPLACING Permissions, the system will prompt you to select one of the following radio buttons:
- Everyone: All Users assigned to Groups with "Library Access" will have access to the file.
- Selected Groups: Only Users in the selected Groups will have access to the file. (Gives you the ability to select the Groups that you want to have access to the file.)
- No One (hide these Files from regular Users): The file will only be visible to Admin Users and Internal Users with "Document Administration" access to the Library.
Note: Learn more about Permissions & Visibility here.
Replace Group Permissions Screen
If ADDING Group access, the system will prompt you to select a Group from the dropdown menu.
Add Group Permissions Screen
What if I have more than one Library?
If you have more than one Library, you'll repeat the above process in each Library.