The Image Widget allows you to add Images to your Home Page (and other custom pages) to highlight product updates, promotions, announcements, and more. You can also easily link the images to different areas within the portal or externally. This article explains how to configure and manage the Image Widget.
1. Logged in as an Administrator, go to your home page and click the Actions button > Layout Editor.
2. You'll then select the Image Widget from the sidebar on the right and drag it over to the desired location on the page (see Tutorial on Custom Pages).
3. The configuration window will open for you to set the following items:
- Title - Enter the title of the Widget and choose whether or not you want it to be visible in the Widget's header.
- Image - Click the Choose Image button > New Image to upload your image > Save.
- Image Requirements: Image should be saved as GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG, or JFIF and be at least 100px high and 600px wide.
- Destination (optional)- Use any of the following options to link the Image to a destination within Channeltivity or on the Web:
- Custom Link- Enter a Channeltivity URL or external URL.
- File Upload - Upload a file for Users to download.
- Custom Pages, Forums, Libraries, and System Pages/Modules - This option allows you to link to areas within the portal. It also works in conjunction with the User Group permissions (see below).
4. Select one of the below options to set the appropriate permissions for the Widget and click "Save" to save your changes.
- Everyone - Users with access to the linked destination in their Group permissions will be able to see the Widget. For example, if the Widget is linked to the Training & Certification module, then only Users with access to the Training & Certification module in their Group permissions will see the Widget. However, if the Widget is not linked to a destination, then it will be visible to all Users.
- Selected Groups - Only Users in the selected Groups with access to the Widget's linked destination in their Group permissions will see the Widget. If the Widget is not linked to a destination, then it will be visible to all Users in the selected Groups.
- Smart Permissions - Only Users who meet the criteria you specify for the Widget and have access to the linked destination will see the Widget. Learn more about Smart Permissions here.
- No One - The Widget will only be visible to Admin Users and Internal Users with Widget Content Administration access to Custom Pages.
Based on your selections, the system will display the total number of Users with access to the linked destination, as well as the total number of Users with access to the Widget.
Note: For more information on Permissions & Visibility, check out: How do I set Partner Portal Content Access & Permissions?.
- Managing Custom Page Content
- How do I set Partner Portal Content Access & Permissions?
- What are Smart Groups & Smart Permissions and When Do I Use Them?
- Best Practices for Designing your Partner Portal Home Page
- What home page designs are the most effective?