The EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) strengthens individual rights around consent to be contacted and for what reasons they are contacted, and requires increased attention to data security both from a process and technology perspective. Regardless of where you're located, if you deal with contact information of anyone in European Union countries, you'll need to comply.
Need more info on how GDPR applies to channel organizations? Check out the following resources:
- Understand the responsibilities and risks around GDPR compliance for Channel Programs
- Preparing for GDPR: What Channels Need to Know to be Ready (eBook, registration required)
Channeltivity has a number of ways to help you comply with GDPR:
- Custom fields to track opt-in status for Users
- System User Privacy Consent
- Privacy & Copyright Notice
- Lead Distribution: Settings to require logging permission in order to distribute a Lead
- Library: Prevent Partners from emailing Library content outside of their Organization. To prevent Partners from sending email to unsuspecting prospects from your system, Channeltivity will only allow emailing Library content to email addresses assigned to that Partner.
- One-click unsubscribe from email notification and reminders.
- Open a support ticket to request a search, export or purge of personally identifiable information.