One of the core tenets of the EU GDPR, is that in most cases you'll need a person's explicit consent in order to email market to them (read more). The way you can track your User's opt-ins in Channeltivity is by creating custom fields on the User record. This field is then displayed everywhere a User can enter their info, including the User's profile, the Request Account form and the Become a Partner form.
Here's how to set it up:
- Logged into Channeltivity as an Administrator, go to Settings > User & Organization Fields > User Custom Fields.
- Create a new picklist (!!! see explanation below) field and call it "I want to receive email communications" or similar.
- Set two picklist values for "Yes" and "No".
- Make the field required.
- Make sure the field is set to be visible in all areas (the User's profile, as well as the Become a Partner and Request Account forms).
- You'll be able to report on the User's opt-in status by running a User report and loading the print view or exporting to Excel.
It's important to make the field a picklist rather than a checkbox. A required checkbox field forces them to opt-in by default and this is not allowed.
A picklist field allows them the ability to choose whether or not they want to opt-in.
That's it! Please make sure to also check out the following article, which provides a starting point for GDPR compliance using Channeltivity: How can Channeltivity help me comply with GDPR?