Groups are the Channeltivity component that enables User access to content and functionality. They drive the portal experience for the User and every Channeltivity User (Internal, Partner, and Distributor) must be a member of at least one Group. There are three types of Groups in Channeltivity:
- Internal - used to define Internal access and for Internal Users
- Partner - used to define Partner access and segment content for Partner Users
- Distributor (add-on module) - used to define Distributor access and segment content for Distributor Users
The system comes preconfigured with an Internal Group called "Administrators." The Users assigned to this Group are System Administrators. You'll only need one System Administrator Group, but you may want to consider creating other Internal Groups for Internal Users that don't necessarily need System Administration access.
- Admin Users - Internal Users that belong to an Internal Group with the System Administration permission. System Administration includes full access to all modules and administrative functions. Allows creating Users, setting permissions, configuring page layouts, changing settings, and more. Admin Users are the only Users that can create and approve new User requests.
- Non-Admin Users - Internal Users that belong to an Internal Group that does not include the System Administration permission. Non-Admins cannot create new Users or approve User requests. Learn more about Internal Group permissions here.
Your Partner and Distributor Groups should be structured around the desired User experience for Partners and Distributors. This includes access to Library content, welcome messages, and functionality like Deal Registration. To determine the Groups your program needs, start by determining what content segmentation you need. From there, you can layer the additional functionality and permissions. Learn more about Group permissions here.
Create a Group:
To create a Group, go to Admin and select Groups from the Admin menu in the left navigation menu. This will take you to the Groups page.
Left Main Navigation Menu
From the Groups page, you can create your Internal and Partner Groups by clicking the New button and selecting Internal or Partner. The Groups screen also shows how many Users exist in each Group, and how many resources are available for each Group.
- On the new Group screen, name your Group
- Give it a description
- Select the appropriate permission/access for each module. Group permissions are defined here.
- Click Save to save your changes
New Partner Group Screen
Once you've created your Groups, you can configure the Library.
- Group Permissions - Internal and Partner
- How to set up Deal Registration Region Permissions
- Adding Folders and Uploading Content to the Library