Groups are the Channeltivity component that enables User access to content and functionality. Every Channeltivity User (Internal & Partner) must be a member of at least one Group, but can be members of multiple Groups. Groups drive the portal experience for the User.
Your Partner Groups should be structured around the desired User experience for a given Partner audience. This includes access to Library content, welcome messages, and functionality like Deal Registration. To determine the Partner Groups your program needs, start by determining what content segmentation you need. From there, you can layer the additional functionality and permissions.
When creating Groups, also consider setting up Internal Admin and Non-admin Groups.
- Admin Users - Internal Users that belong to an Internal Group with the System Administration permission. System Administration includes full access to all modules and administrative functions. Allows creating Users, setting permissions, configuring page layouts, changing settings and more. Admin Users are the only Users that can create new Users.
- Non-admin Users - Internal Users that belong to an Internal Group that does not include the System Administration permission. Non-admin Users cannot create new Users.
Create a Group:
To create a Group, go to Admin and select Groups from the Admin menu in the left navigation menu. This will take you to the Groups page.
Left Main Navigation Menu
From the Groups page, you can create your Internal and Partner Groups by clicking the New button and selecting Internal or Partner. The Groups screen also shows how many Users exist in each Group, and how many resources are available for each Group.
- On the new Partner or Internal Group screen, name your Group
- Give it a description
- Select the appropriate permission/access for each module. Group permissions are defined here.
- Click Save to save your changes
New Partner Group Screen
Once you've created your Groups, you can configure the Library.
- Group Permissions - Internal and Partner
- How to set up Deal Registration Region Permissions
- Adding Folders and Uploading Content to the Library