The Hero Widget allows you to easily create visually appealing banners with buttons on your custom pages to drive Users to specific areas of your portal. Here's an example:
Here's how you add and configure a Hero Widget in your portal:
- Logged in as an Administrator, go to your home page and switch to the Layout Editor, then Type "Hero" into the search box of the "Add Widgets" sidebar on the right (see Tutorial on Custom Pages).
- Drag the Hero Widget onto the screen and place it in the desired location. In most cases, you'll want the Hero Widget to be at the top of the page, so it's the first thing visitors see upon logging into the portal.
- The Hero Widget configuration window will appear (see screenshot below).
- Enter the title and description. You can use placeholders to create a more dynamic experience and have the system automatically display the User's name in the Widget.
- Add a background image by uploading your own image or using one of the pre-loaded background images.
- Image Requirements: Image should be saved as GIF, PNG, JPG, or JPEG and be at least 500px in both dimensions.
- Choose a text color and/or text shadow color that is readable over the background image. To ensure the text is readable, you may want to consider enabling the Image Overlay functionality to adjust the color and/or transparency of the background image.
- Click "Add Button" to begin adding Buttons to the Widget. Buttons will help direct Users to specific areas in the portal, so pick 2-4 areas you think Users will find the most useful.
For each Button, you'll need to set the name, destination, and permissions/visibility (see the Permissions & Visibility section below and this article for more details).
8. You'll also set the appropriate permissions for the Widget (see the Permissions & Visibility section below and this article for more details).
9. Scroll down the page to preview the Hero Widget before saving but keep in mind the Widget will display differently
depending on the device and screen size of the User.
10. Click "Save" to save your changes.
Permissions & Visibility:
Note: For more information on Permissions & Visibility, check out: How do I set Partner Portal Content Access & Permissions?.
The Hero Widget allows you to set permissions for the Widget itself and each Button in the Widget. Doing so allows you to specify the Users that will see the Widget on the page and the buttons they'll have access to within the Widget. Permission options include the following:
- Everyone: Users with access to the Button's linked destination in their Group permissions will be able to see the Button, as well as the Widget itself. For example, if a Button is linked to the MDF module, then only Users with access to the MDF module in their Group permissions will see the Button in the Widget.
- Selected Groups: Only Users in the selected Groups with access to the Button's linked destination in their Group permissions will see the Button and the Widget itself.
- No One (hide this Button from regular Users): The Button will only be visible to Admin Users and Internal Users with Widget Content Administration access to Custom Pages.
- No One (hide this Hero Widget from regular Users): The Widget itself will only be visible to Admin Users and Internal Users with Widget Content Administration access to Custom Pages.
Based on your selections, the system will display the total number of Users with access to the linked destinations of the Buttons, as well as the total number of Users with access to the Widget.
Button Permissions & Visibility
Widget Permissions & Visibility