The Co-Branded Collateral module gives you the ability to upload and designate content in your portal as co-brandable by your Partners. The tool enables you to set Content Areas within a content piece for co-branding. You can add areas for Partners to upload their logos, add their contact information, and text about their company. Once you've defined your Content Areas, you can publish the Asset, making it visible to Partners. Partners can then co-brand the designated content within the portal with a few clicks of the mouse.
Adding Co-Branded Assets:
- Select the Co-Branded Collateral module from the left navigation menu.
- Click the "New Asset" button.
- Click the "Upload File" button to add a source file. (Allowed file extension: PDF)
- Enter the Title and Description.
- Set Permissions.
- Click Save.
After you add an Asset, you'll need to add Content Areas to the Asset.
Defining Content Areas:
Content Areas are used to specify the locations of Partner logos, contact information, addresses, and any other branded information. There are two types of Content Areas:
- Text - A free Text field that includes text styles and formatting. It also includes the Placeholder functionality to input addresses, contact information, and partner profile data.
- Logo - An Image upload field. Images that are uploaded to the Co-Branded Collateral module are stored in the Images section. Both Partners and Internal Users can upload Images. Internal Users also have the ability to upload Images/Logos for specific Partner Organizations from the Images page (Co-Branded Collateral > Images > New Image).
To learn more about Content Areas, check out: Co-Branded Collateral Best Practices.
Below are instructions on how to add Content Areas to an Asset:
- Click on an existing Asset to open it.
- Click the "Actions" button in the top right and select Edit Content Areas.
- Click the "New" button and select Text or Logo.
- If adding a Text Content Area, a text box will appear in the Asset. Click into the box to add copy and use the menu on the right to manage the Text Styles. You can also use the Placeholder functionality to automatically insert User and Partner data into the Text Area.
- If adding a Logo, a placeholder Logo image will appear in the Asset. Click on the Image to drag and resize. Use the menu on the right to manage the Logo Styles.
When you're done, click "Save" to save your changes.
After defining and saving your Content Areas, publish your Asset by updating the Publish Status to Published.
Updating Publish Statuses:
The Publish Status determines the visibility of a Co-Branded Collateral Asset in Channeltivity. The Publish Status field is necessary to avoid conflicts while creating new Assets and editing existing Assets. There are two types of Publish Statuses in Channeltivity:
- Published: Asset is visible to all Users. Partner Users are able to customize and download Collateral. Internal Users can Edit the Asset Details and Permissions but not the Content Areas.
- Hidden: Asset is visible to only Internal Users, and edits can be made to the Asset Details, Permissions, and Content Areas. All new Assets are automatically set to Hidden until Content Areas have been defined.
Below are instructions on how to update the Publish Status of an Asset:
- Click on an Asset from the Assets page.
- Click the "Actions" button.
- Select "Set Publish Status: Published" to make an Asset available to Partners for co-branding.
Note: You can unpublish a Published Asset by clicking the Actions button > Set Publish Status: Hidden. Doing so will hide the Asset from Partners and give you the ability to make edits to Content Areas if needed.
To learn more about the Co-Branded Collateral module, check out the below support articles:
- What is the Co-Branded Collateral Module, and how does it work?
- Co-Branded Collateral Settings
- Co-Branded Collateral Design Tips
- Co-Branded Collateral Best Practices