All of Channeltivity’s integrations with Salesforce require the security credentials of a valid Salesforce user with Salesforce API access. This article provides instructions for configuring a Salesforce user with the proper permissions and entering those credentials into Channeltivity.
Channeltivity’s integrations with Salesforce use the Salesforce API, which is available standard as part of Salesforce Enterprise Edition and can be activated at additional cost for Salesforce Professional Edition. Have your Salesforce Admin follow the steps listed below to configure your Channeltivity instance to connect to Salesforce:
- Log into Salesforce and navigate to Setup > Users > Profiles.
- Make sure that the Profile of the Salesforce User used for the integration is assigned to a Profile that meets the following requirements:
- Does not have Login Hours restrictions
- Has Login IP Ranges that allows connections from anywhere
- Has the following switches activated:
Modify All Data
Manage Profiles and Permission Sets
Obtain the username, password and security token of the Salesforce User used for the integration. If the User needs to obtain their security token, have them log into Salesforce, click the profile icon in the top right corner > Settings > Reset my Security Token. An email containing the security token will be sent to the email address associated with the Salesforce User's account. Learn more about this topic here: How do I reset my security token?
Log into Channeltivity and go to Settings > Salesforce Integration > Credentials
- Enter the username, password and security token of the Salesforce User.
- Once you hit the "Save" button, Channeltivity will validate the credentials and return you to the Salesforce Integration menu where you can now enable any of the plug and play integrations.
Common Salesforce Credential Issues
If you keep getting the "Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out" error message, here are a couple of things you can try:
- The Salesforce security token sometimes expires. Regenerate it in Salesforce (it will get emailed to you) and try again.
- You can confirm that the Salesforce password is correct by opening a private/incognito browser window and trying to log in at https://login.salesforce.com (or your particular custom domain)
- Channeltivity will need Salesforce API access. Confirm that your Salesforce user's profile has the API enabled.
- Sometimes Salesforce users get locked out if they unsuccessfully try logging in a number of times. Log into Salesforce as an admin and unlock the user by going to Setup | Name | Manage user | Go to particular user | Click on Unlock button.