You can use one of the following Widgets to embed videos in Channeltivity:
- Video Widget
- HTML Code Widget
- Rich Text
- Welcome Message
To add a Widget, click the Actions button in the top right corner of the page and select Layout Editor, then select one the Widgets listed above from the menu on the right.
Actions Menu- Home Page
Enter a title and description then use one of the following video sources/formats to add the video:
- Upload File- Allowed file extension: MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, MKV
- YouTube/Vimeo - Enter the URL to a YouTube or Vimeo video
- Choose from Library- Select a video file from your portal's Library
You'll then set the appropriate Permissions and click Save.
Video Widget Edit Screen
HTML Code Widget:
Obtain the HTML embed code for the video you'd like to use. For YouTube videos, you can obtain the code by clicking the "Share" button >"Embed." Copy the embed code to paste into the HTML Code Widget in Channeltivity.
YouTube Share Button
YouTube Embed Button
YouTube Embed Code
In Channeltivity, add the HTML Code Widget to the home page:
- Enter a title
- Paste the code into the HTML Code field
- Set Permissions
- When you are finished, click Save.
Articles, Rich Text and Welcome Message:
On the Articles, Rich Text or Welcome Message Edit pages, click the video icon of the editor and the link icon to paste the YouTube link:
Articles, Rich Text and Welcome Message Widgets - Edit Screens
Or select "Embedded Code" and paste the embed code into the provided field:
Articles, Rich Text, and Welcome Message Widgets - Edit Screens
- How do I Post Private Vimeo Videos to the Home Page or Library?
- Managing Custom Page Content
- How do I use the HTML Code Widget