Users that opt-in to receive Marketing Emails can receive personalized emails with News Items in their subscribed Topics. This article explains how to create and send Mailings from the Email Marketing module. For instructions on how to create News Items, check out: How Do I Create News Items in the News Module?.
- Click the “New Mailing” button and update the below fields:
- Name - Enter the name of the Mailing (internal-facing).
- Subject- Add a subject line for the email.
- Banner Image (optional) -Upload a GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG or JFIF image that is at least 120px high and 1200px wide. The image will appear at the top of the email.
- Title - Enter the Title of the Email (appears in the body of the email under the banner image)
- Description (optional) - Add a personalized message to Users. You can use Placeholders to dynamically insert information from the User & Organization profile, such as the User's name, Partner Type/Tier, and more.
- Click the "Save" button to save your changes.
Previewing & Testing:
***Once a Mailing is sent, it cannot be canceled, so we recommend previewing and sending a test email to yourself and/or others before officially sending the Mailing to Users to ensure everything looks correct.***
Marketing Emails are sent to Users who opt-in to receive Marketing Emails, and Users' Topic selections determine the News Items included in the email for each recipient. You can preview the Mailing and send yourself (and others) a test email using the instructions listed below:
- Go to Email Marketing in the left navigation menu.
- Click on the title of the Mailing that you want to preview and test.
- The Mailing's details, such as the "Estimated Number of Recipients" will appear at the top of the page in the Details section.
- You can use the dropdown menu in the "Preview & Test" section to select a recipient to preview their individual email. Keep in mind the Mailing may look different for each recipient depending on the Topics each User is subscribed to.
- You can also send a test email to yourself and others before officially sending the Mailing to the Estimated Number of Recipients by clicking the "Send a Test Email to..." button.
- You can send the test email to yourself by clicking the first checkbox labeled "Me" > Send. You can also add additional recipients by selecting the "These recipients" checkbox and entering the email addresses into the field below the checkbox > Send.
- The system will then send you and the other recipients a test email that includes the content from the Mailing preview window.
- Once you've finished previewing and testing, you can send the finalized version of the Mailing to Users by clicking the "Send" button in the top right corner of the page.
- You'll then confirm that you want to send the Mailing by clicking the "Send Now" button.
You can then track opens, clicks, unsubscribes, and more in the Events tab in the Email Marketing module. Doing so gives you insights into Partner behavior and campaign performance. You can access the Events tab by going to the Email Marketing module in the left navigation menu > Events.