The Library provides Partners with self-service access to marketing resources, sales tools, technical documentation, and more. This article explains how to create folders, upload content, and assign permissions to content.
When creating your folder structure, we recommend reviewing the Partner content that you have and grouping the content by type, product, solution, or category. For more tips and best practices, check out: What's the Best Way to Structure my Partner Library?.
To add a Folder:
- Go to the Library and click the "New Folder" button.
- Name your Folder.
- Add a description.
- Upload an image for the Folder's thumbnail and click Save.
- Thumbnail image should be saved as GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG or JFIF and be at least 180px in both dimensions.
Library Folders Page
New Folder Window
With your folders created, you can now add a subfolder (a folder within a folder) or start adding content.
When uploading a piece of content, the system will prompt you to specify which Users have access to the File using the below Permissions and Visibility Options:
- Everyone: All Users assigned to Groups that have the "Library Access" permission enabled.
- Selected Groups: Only Users in the selected Groups.
- No One: Only Admin Users and Internal Users with "Document Administration" access.
Note: For more information on the Permissions and Visibility options listed above, check out: How do I set Partner Portal Content Access & Permissions?.
To add content:
- Click "New" under the appropriate folder.
- Select the content type you would like to add:
- New Folder (subfolder)
- New File
- New Link
- New Video
3. Upload your file.
4. Give the file the title you want Partners to see within the portal.
5. Select or upload an image for the file's thumbnail preview. The thumbnail will appear in the small and large tile views.
6. Add a description and any keywords you would like associated with the file. The title, description, and keywords will drive the search results for your content.
7. Assign the appropriate Permissions to the file. Learn more about assigning Permissions here.
New File Window- Details Section
New File Window- Permissions & Visibility
New Video Edit Screen
How Do I Assign Permissions to Folders?
Permissions are assigned to content, not folders. The way the Library works is that Users (assigned to Groups with Library Access) only see the folders in the Library that have content assigned to the Groups they are assigned to. For example, if a folder contains content that is only assigned to one Group, then only the Users in that Group will see the Folder in the Library. Other Users from other Groups will not see the Folder in the Library because it does not contain content that is assigned to their Group.
How Does the Organization Assignment Functionality Work?
It allows you to assign content to an Organization, and only the Users at that Organization will have access to that piece of content.
How Do I make Content Publicly Accessible?
Library Documents can be marked as "Publicly Accessible," which creates a unique link that can be shared publicly with non-portal Users. You can also enable the LinkedIn sharing option to give Users the ability to share content to LinkedIn. Learn more about this topic here: How Do I Make a Library Document Public so that Anyone Can Download It?.
- Setting Group Permissions for Library Content
- Library & Content
- What's the Best Way to Structure my Partner Library?