Company acquisitions and mergers can typically require revisions to your Channeltivity portal branding. This process can involve changing your portal's name, logo, color scheme, and URL. You may also need to update your internal processes and documentation. It's important for companies to showcase consistent branding throughout the transition process. Here are the top 6 items to update when a branding change happens:
- Portal Name- Update the name of your portal by going to Settings > Portal Configuration > General Portal Settings. Any changes made to the Portal Name will be reflected in the section under the logo in the left main menu. The portal placeholder for #PortalName will be updated as well.
- Logo and Color Scheme - You can add a new logo an update the color scheme of your portal to reflect your new brand by going to Settings > Portal Customization > Portal Skin Manager.
- Organization Name and Address - You can update your Organization's name and address by going to Admin > Organizations and selecting your Organization for Edit. Changing these items will also update the footer of the emails sent from your portal.
- Portal Support Email - Update your Portal Support Email by going to Settings > Email> Email Settings.
- Home Page and Library Content - You should review and update the content on your homepage and custom pages. You will want to do this for this the Library as well to ensure all folders, documents and descriptions reflect your new brand.
- Become a Partner Form - Verify the description on the Become a Partner Form is consistent with the new brand. You can review the Become a Partner Form by going to Settings > Partners > Partner Module Settings.
Changing the Portal's URL
Depending on your branding changes, you may also need to consider changing your portal's URL to match your branding updates or new company name. Channeltivity allows you to change only the subdomain (shown in green) of the URL: https://YourCompany.Channeltivity.com. All domain changes require submitting a support ticket. After the domain change, any visitors trying to access the old URL will automatically be redirected to the new URL. To learn more about this topic, see this article: I just changed my Channeltivity domain. What happens when people go to the old one?
Updating Email Addresses
- Admin Users - If Users receive new email addresses (due to an acquisition or merger), they can log into Channeltivity with their original email address used to set up their account and add their new email address. They can do this by going to Admin > Users and selecting their User Account. From the User's Details Page, they'll need to click the Edit button in the top right corner to update the email address and any other User Details. Users will need to use their new email address when logging into the portal going forward.
- Non-Admin Users - If Single Sign-On (SSO) is enabled for your portal, an Admin User will need to manually update the email addresses of each User. If SSO is not enabled, you can give Users the ability to update their own email addresses by making the Email field in the User profile section visible. Go to Settings > User & Organization Fields > User Field Requirement & Visibility.
User Field Requirement & Visibility Page
You'll also want to update any additional recipients added to Email notifications for the following modules:
- Partner Email Notifications - Settings > Partners > Partner Email Notifications
- Lead Email Notifications - Settings > Lead Distribution > Lead Email Notifications
- Deal Registration Email Notifications- Settings > Deal Registration > Deal Email Notifications
- MDF Email Notifications - Settings > MDF > MDF Email Notifications
- User Account Admin Notifications - Settings > Email > User Account Admin Notifications
It's important to communicate to portal Users (Internal and Partner) that the portal will be undergoing construction to align with your new brand. When you are ready to make the announcement, put together a communications plan. Consider hosting a webinar to communicate the changes to your partners, make sure to send out partner communications as soon as you can or add an announcement to your home page that includes all of the updates and changes. Let them know of any action items they'll need complete and how they can complete them. You'll also want to inform them of any new processes, content, or functionality that has become available. Keeping them informed will prevent the rebranding from backfiring and causing frustration. The more your Partner Users know about your portal and how to use it, the more they'll appreciate the changes and improvements moving forward.