We require that all customer portals are secured using SSL and officially only support portal URLs using a Channeltivity subdomain, but if you're technically savvy you can use your own domain. With your own web server and SSL certificate (or using one of the services mentioned below) you can set up a reverse proxy and access your Channeltivity portal using a custom domain:
- Set up a website with an SSL certificate for your custom domain, e.g. https://partners.mycompany.com
- Configure the website to proxy everything from itself to your secure Channeltivity domain, e.g. https://mycompany.channeltivity.com
- Voila! You have a custom domain with SSL.
Please note that using a reverse proxy is not supported and we won't be able to help with any configuration issues.
- IIS: Reverse Proxy with URL Rewrite v2 and Application Request Routing
- Apache: Article by another SaaS provider, FogBugz, on how to configure ProxyPass
Reverse Proxy as a Service
There are a number of cloud application delivery/analytics/security/CDN providers that include reverse proxy in their services. We haven't tried any of these and can't vouch for them, but here they are: